January 1, 2010

Good Bye 2009

2009 is ending and another year starts in my life. 2010 brings with it hope, joy and new promises. I look forward to every year with a new enthusiasm and I wish I could do it for 2010 and for all the years ahead. But this post is about reflecting back on my last year, the year gone by. I want my last post to reflect on how my life has changed over the past one year.

At the start of 2009, I was a lost soul. Everything I had done till then seemed incomplete and life seemed like a jigsaw puzzle which has several important pieces missing. As 2009 started, I slowly started piecing the puzzle together. I realized more than ever than I love my family. Before this I always felt that I am strong enough to live away from my family but now I know how much they mean to me.

My other piece came together in term of my career goals. I always knew that there is something more I wanted in my career than the regular 9-5 shifts. So when I got the opportunity to study further in London in a field totally different from what I was doing till then, I took it. I know well that this is what I want to do in my life and I am happy that I decided to pursue this. That lost soul is finally figuring her way, not completely but I am sure I will get there. It is like they say. “I know the destination, I just now need to make my way.”

In 2009, I rediscovered my friendships with my old friends, made some amazing friends; these are the friends I will cherish for many new years to come. This year taught me what really friends are and who are the friends I should truly value. I do not want to name all these friends, because at times I end up forgetting someone and then I feel horrible. So I will just say, to all my true friends, you guys & gurlz are amazing and I am so happy to have you in my life.

2009 was a path-breaking year for me because I moved out of India, again. First was USA and now UK, I think I live up to the name of my blog, “Nomad for Life”. Living outside India, away from home, does change a person. My life has never been the same after I have lived away from home, in a foreign country. I have developed as a individual, learnt to value the people I love, become tolerant and a more open-minded person. I am happy that I got this opportunity not once, but twice in the last 5 years and I wish to make the most of it.

As I usher into 2010 I just want to make one resolution, a resolution that I will make the most of the coming year. This year I wish to make the most of the opportunities and work hard towards fulfilling my dreams. I want to always keep my loved ones happy, cherish their presence and make all efforts to see them smiling always. 2010 will be a better year than 2009, and the years to come after than would be even better. That is my wish and the aim for all the coming years. Good bye 2009. Welcome 2010. Happy New Year. Have a great year ahead.

1 comment:

delhidreams said...

yes 2010 will b a bttr bigger busier year. agreed. ab likhna to shuru karo 2010 mein :)