March 14, 2009

FAMILY

I have always wanted my first blog be something very special and close to my heart. I din't have to go far for that inspiration. My inspiration was right in front of my eyes, an inspiration which has been there for over 26 years of my life. Sometimes I have noticed it, loved it and cherished every moment of it. But sometimes, lost in the maze of this world, I took a wrong turn and saw my inspiration going out of sight for periods of time. This din't happen just once in life. It happened sometime when I was just a kid and lost in my own world, happy with all the attention I was showered on that I just couldn't see beyond my grew own small world. Then I as I grew older, I hit puberty. Daam that time, I was just another rebellious teenager, always wanting my way. Lost in the world of teen idols, friends and crushes. Here too I lost sight of my inspiration. As I grew older, the maze of the world grew more complex and it sucked me into its complexities like a vortex sucks anything in its path. I lost sight my inspiration countless times as I was just too busy enjoying the sights of the maze in front of me. But, all along, my inspiration never let me off its sight. I guess, I could so easily n happily get lost in the maze because on some level I knew in my mind that my inspiration was always there to protect me if I ever need a way out of this. That was the strength of my inspiration, I always got out of the maze without any scratches. It was like God has sent this divine inspiration, just to protect me always. Now and always, I thank the Almighty for giving me this gift, my inspiration, My Family.

Gosh!!! you must be thinking how much am I talking about my family. But they do deserve all the praises. Not because they are my family and special to me. That is implied but truly they are a special lot. Mine is a very small family. Mom, Dad, Grandpa & my stupid lil brother, and yeah ME naturally. They have stood by me throughout my life. Be it my good times or bad times. My family has always been there for me. They have supported me through all the decisions of my life. I can't thank them enough for all that they have done for me. I owe my happiness to them.

I always remember the song of Baz Luhrmann "Sunscreen Song". He says in the song,

"Get to know your parents, you never know when they’ll be gone for
good.

Be nice to your siblings; they are the best link to your past and the
people most likely to stick with you in the future."


I don't want to dispense any advice here. That is not my aim and I am not even an expert to do so. But what I do know my family members are the only ones who have always stood by me and loved me for who I am. Love you all (my family).

No comments: