June 25, 2009

Horse Riding Camp

I bet the title itself has given shock to a lot of people around. Someone must have definitely said, is this female mad or what!!! I got a reaction from a friend saying were you not scared to get on the horse. I just said that horses are one of the most gentle creatures. Like anyone of us, give them love and they will give you back the same. I have always wanted to do Horse riding so when we got the opportunity I decided that this is it. I decided to seize the day, not let go of this chance. A lot of times I have just let go of a chance to do things like this. Every time I said to myself, next time we will definitely do it. I would come up with reasons for not doing it. That a beauty of human beings, we can come up with thousands reasons not to do something and these reasons can be as silly as oh!! I can't get up in the morning or stupid thoughts like what if I break while I am on the horse or something else. But then these are just reasons; I have come to a conclusion that if we really want to do something then we will find ways to do it. I remember this dialogue from Swades, "Jaha chah ho waha raha nikal hi aati hai", which is as simple as saying in English "Where there is a will, there is a way'".
Back to the riding camp, the camp is for 10 days starting today. It is everyday in the morning from 6.00 a.m. - 6.30 a.m. at the Mahalaxmi Race Course. No-No, we don't run amok on the race course, we have a proper riding school which trains us so that later we can run on the race course. On the first day, the lesson were basic like how to get on the horse, how to trot and then naturally how to get off the horse. Made a few mistakes but overall I think I did pretty well for my first day. The perfectionist that I am, it has to come naturally to me. Anyways jokes apart, the first day was super fun and I just can wait to other days of the camp. Till my next blog, Keep Riding!!!

No comments: