April 30, 2009

CAST MY VOTE!!!


Hurray!!!! I cast my vote. This is second time in a row that I have cast my vote in the democratic system of India. The first time I voted I was on cloud 9. I was really happy that time and so was I this time. This was my first time to vote in this constituency. This time I was voting for candidate from Mumbai South Central. In 2004 I voted in Mumbai South constituency.
The process was a cake walk today.I and Mom arrived at the polling station. The station was near our house. It was Raje Shivaji High School. We went to the room assigned for our numbers, gave the officer on duty the election card, he made the entry and made us sign. Then I went to get the ink applied on my middle finger. This ink is important yaar. It is the proof that I have really cast a vote. Funny thing happened at this time. The person was trying to apply ink on my finger but for some reason he couldn't leave ink on my nail. He tried 3 or 4 times before he succeeded. Then I went to the polling station and cast my vote. It is as simple as that. I don't know why people don't vote if it this simple. The reason that we give are just to cover up our own weakness and laziness. If we want to then we can find ways to cast our vote. Anyways people have the brain to think for themselves and hence I now leave it to you all to decide. I did what I felt was right thing to do and I am really happy about it.

No comments: