May 29, 2009

Movie time

I stumbled upon my thing for today just by accident. It was already 10.30 in the night and I still had not figured out anything new to do for today. Just then as I was surfing the channels I came across the movie "The Battle of Algiers" being aired on UTV movies. I have heard rare reviews of this movie and have always wanted to see it. Luck was with me, I reached this channel just as the movie was about to start. So I found my new activity for today, watching a foreign language movie, also a movie that I have wanted to see for some time now. This movie is in Italian. It is a movie which showcases Algerian War of Independence. This war was a conflict between France and Algerian independence movements from 1954 to 1962, which led to Algeria gaining her independence from France. The film depicted the scenes of Algerian city life with stunning realism. The movie was realeased in 1966 and completely in Black and White; that adds to the beauty of the movie. The cinematography and screenplay of the movie is outstanding and so are the actors. I love foreign language movies, not Hollywood types but movies of Iranian, French or Italian origin, these movies are realist in their approach. The technical details which go into these films is world class, be it the screenplay, camera work or direction. Most people complain that you have to concentrate to your lst breath as we hardly understand these languages but then there is fun in watching a foreign language movie. If want a fun filled, happy go luck, time pass movie then please don't watch this one. It is not for the faint hearted. I would recommend this movie for any true movie buff.

1 comment:

Janaaaa said...

hmm... i have noted it down. I will check with my dvd shops for a copy of it...